Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Now I Know What Kind of Change he was Referring to.

Google Finance



November 4th, 2008 - the DOW was at 9,625.

January 20th, 2009 - The DOW was at 7,949.

Feburary 23rd, the DOW was at 7,114.


This isn't the Hope and Change I had in mind.




I don't have nearly as much invested in my retirement fund, or even just in the market under a normal account as I would like to, nor as much as most people, but I can say this:
Since Barack Obama got elected, I have seen over a 30% loss in my portfolios. Now I know I cannot possibly be the only person who this has affected. I know I cannot be the only person who doesn't like this. If it wasn't for some good investments into Canadian markets and Canadian companies, I would be living under a rock right now probably.

It seems like every time Mr. Obama opens his mouth on national television to discuss his plans for the economy, or the status of the economy, the markets react negatively. Just yesterday (February 23rd), he addressed Congress and the nation as a whole on the economy. That day, the DOW dropped to its lowest point since 1997.




Mr. Obama, I humbly ask you, speaking for investors everywhere; Please stop talking.

No comments: